The earth is known as the Blue Planet for a reason, it's no surprise that water is a dominant part of our everyday lives. It is a very precious resource due to increases in demand from our continuously growing population. Changes in rainfall patterns have seen both drought conditions and flooding. The worlds current challenge is to improve the planet's water quality and then maintain clean and healthy water that supports all life forms in our diverse environment. Rainwater harvesting can help with those challenges by its potential to provide close to 50% of a family’s water needs.
What are the Benefits?
- Reduced Water Bills
- Avoid strict watering schedules
- Alleviate demand on municipal systems
- Rainwater is very nutrient-rich
- Rainwater used to irrigate can reduce fertilizer use
- Rainwater is chemical-free
Did You Know?
- Just 1 inch of rainfall on a 2,000-square foot home roof generates 1,250 gallons of water that can be reused.
- On the Same size roof in a region that receives 30 inches of annual rainfall generates 41,000 gallons of reusable water.
- The average U.S. household with a 10,000 square foot lot uses 5,000 gallons of water weekly for landscape irrigation.
- Running a sprinkler for just 2 hours can use up to 500 gallons of water
- Rainwater Harvesting will allow you to collect thousands of gallons of water anywhere.
The RainXchange by Aquascape
The RainXchange Harvesting System by Aquascape is an innovative system that combines a beautiful recirculating water feature with a sub-surface rainwater harvesting collection system.
- Clean, Filtered Water Collection & Storage - While you enjoy the benefits of a decorative water feature, the RainXchange Rainwater Harvesting System filters the stored water to prevent stagnation and growth of unhealthy bacteria.
- The RainXchange Rainwater Harvesting System reveals only a beautiful water feature that integrates easily into the existing landscape.
- Collecting and storing the water underground maintains the integrity and beauty of your home and landscape.
- Wildlife Habitat - Because the water stored in the RainXchange System is constantly moving and being aerated, it becomes a sanctuary for wildlife.
- Water Feature Lifestyle - Enhanced landscaping improves property value and water features provide soothing sights and sounds that help you relax and de-stress in today’s busy world.
Environmental Conservation - Capturing rainwater to operate the water feature creates true self-sustainability, drastically reducing the need for chemically-treated traditional water sources.
Which would you prefer?
Water Barrel Feature Rain Harvester
When it comes down to it, both options provide many benefits that assist in cutting down on the waste of such a valuable resource. We highly suggest considering adding a Rainwater Harvesting System to your home.